SEARCHLIGHTS ON HEALTH
THE SCIENCE OF EUGENICS
A Guide to Purity and Physical Manhood
Advice to Maiden, Wife and Mother
Love, Courtship, and Marriage
Prof. B.G. Jefferis, M.D., PH. D.
J.L. Nicols, A.M.
|With Excerpts from Well-Known Authorities
|REV. LEONARD DAWSON
||DR. M.J. SAVAGE
|REV. H.R. HAWEIS
||DR. J.F. SCOTT
|DR. GEORGE NAPHEYS
|DR. T.D. NICHOLLS
||DR. R.L. DUGDALE
|DR. JOHN COWAN
||DR. M.L. HOLBROOK
J.L. NICHOLS & COMPANY
Naperville, Illinois, U.S.A.
"Vice has no friend like the prejudice which claims to be virtue."—Lord Lytton.
"When the judgment's weak, the prejudice is strong."—Kate O'Hare.
"It is the first right of every child to be well born."
J.L. NICHOLS & CO.
OVER 1,000,000 COPIES SOLD
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
[Transcriber's Note: This Table of Contents does not appear in the original book. It has been added to this document for ease of navigation. To return to it from anywhere in the document, just select ToC from any left margin page demarcation.]
- Knowledge is Safety, page 3
- The Beginning of Life, page5
- Health a Duty, page 7
- Value of Reputation, page 9
- Influence of Associates, page 11
- Self-Control, page 12
- Habit, page 17
- A Good Name, page 18
- The Mother's Influence, page 21
- Home Power, page 23
- To Young Women, page 26
- Influence of Female Character, page 30
- Personal Purity, page 31
- How To Write All Kinds of Letters, page 34
- How To Write a Love Letter, page 37
- Forms of Social Letters, page 39
- Letter Writing, page 43
- Forms of Love Letters, page 44
- Hints and Helps on Good Behavior at All Times and at All Places, page 49
- A Complete Etiquette in a Few Practical Rules, page 52
- Etiquette of Calls, page 56
- Etiquette in Your Speech, page 57
- Etiquette of Dress and Habits, page 58
- Etiquette on the Street, page 59
- Etiquette Between Sexes 60
- Practical Rules on Table Manners, page 63
- Social Duties, page 65
- Politeness, page 70
- Influence of Good Character, page 73
- Family Government 76
- public@vhost@g@gutenberg@html@files@13444@[email protected]#page79"